May 14, 2010

The First Post

Ah... the first blog post....

I suppose I should begin by explaining the somewhat odd title of the blog. It has two meanings:

#1) The title comes from the famous romantic and dramatic Civil War film Gone with the Wind. It won Best Picture in the year 1939 along with 8 other Oscar wins and 5 more nominations. It shows up on almost every "Greatest Movies of all Time" or "Top 100 Films" or "Best Movies Ever" list and is considered a classic in every regard. Adjusted for inflation, Gone with the Wind still beats out all other films in the Box Office (yes, even including Avatar).

And I have never seen the film.

I have seen Carol Burnett's parody "Went with the Wind". I have even purchased a t-shirt with one beaver saying to another beaver "Frankly I don't give a Dam". But I have never seen the actual movie.

You would think that as a USC film production student, I would have seen every single classic film in existence at least twice, right? But no, there are still a lot of major films that I have not seen... yet.

So, since I'm home from college for the summer and have nothing but free time, I thought I would make a list of classic movies (65 to be exact) and blog about each one.

#2) The other reason I chose the name "Frankly My Dear (Lila) I Don't Give A Damn" is because I feel that's exactly what people will say to themselves if and when they stumble across yet another blogger blogging about movies on a movie blog. Frankly, why should you give a damn what classic movies I have and have not seen and what I think about them?

I don't know, really. I just thought writing a blog might actually give me the motivation to watch all 65 movies this summer; just in case someone out there is reading this blog (other than my boyfriend and my parents) I want to show that I can see something through to the end. I don't want to end up like this sad, yet honest blog I stumbled across: mynewyearsresolution.blogspot.com.

So, that's the basic idea behind this blog. Movies. Thoughts. Reviews. Giving a damn.

COMING SOON: The list of films for this summer. (hopefully, unless this becomes yet another single post blogspot blog). We shall soon see...

No comments:

Post a Comment