Aug 20, 2010

The End of Summer

So today is August the 20th. I officially moved back in to USC on the 18th (that's 2 days ago for those of you who still have summer brains). Although classes don't start until Monday the 23rd, I don't see there being much of a chance that I'll get through watching 50 movies in the 62 or so hours I have until I have to get to my first class. There just simply aren't enough hours!

At first I was a bit bummed that I did so pathetically with my list of movies this summer. I mean, 15 out of 65 movies?! (For the record: I watched, but didn't get around to writing about Dial M for Murder, Adam's Rib, and Baby Doll. So it does equal 15) I had a plan! I'm a film production student! Aren't I designed to watch movies? Well, there was one thing I forgot about being a film production student: I also like to do other things than watching movies so that I'll actually have something to make movies about.

And speaking of making movies, I finally got around to finishing editing a project I started during first semester. It's written by and stars Clinton Jake who I met during orientation. After he helped me out with some last minute acting in a 24 hour film challenge, he asked me if I could help him out by directing a film he wrote entitled "I Love Me". It became a very interesting experiment, directing someone in something they wrote, but I think I got some of my voice through in the editing (I kind of went a little bit crazy with the sound effects and music). The short film certainly is no Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, but I'll put a link to it here anyway, in an attempt to promote myself as a filmmaker. Here it is (if you give a damn).

But enough of that. The point of this post is that although I'm sad that I didn't watch as many movies as I wanted to watch, or make as many movies as I wanted to make, or write as many blog posts as I wanted to write, we have to keep in mind the blogger from Post #1 who was determined to write a blog starting New Year's Day... and never wrote anything else. At least I'm better than that.

And although the summer is over, I do still want to watch the rest of those movies on my list, and I will get around to it. It may take me a very long time, but I will watch them, I WHILL! (That's a Hot Rod quote for those of you who haven't experienced it's brilliance). When the mood strikes me I may also blog about them. But don't hold me to that.

I'm a very busy girl, in a very busy, pop-culture filled world.

No comments:

Post a Comment