Dec 17, 2010

Blow Up


Let me start off this post by saying: Blow Up... is... such... a... good... movie. I have absolutely no clue how it got on my list... but I'm really glad it did.

Well, it's on nearly every top 100 movie list I read when I first compiled this list (see my Movie List post for the links to my lists). But, I'm not exactly sure what made me pick it out of the many movies on the list I hadn't seen. But something about it intrigued me. Maybe it was the super awesome poster that happened to be next to the name at the time I looked it up. Or maybe it was because I was looking to put more movies from the 60s on my list and this movie happened to be made in the 60s.

But the point is that it's a really good movie... and no one's heard of it before.

I loved it. It didn't always make perfect sense to me the whole time, but I still loved it. Probably because it's the same era and tone of another one of my favorite movies, Easy Rider (may Dennis Hopper rest in peace).

After I watched the movie, I looked up other articles about it online, to try and figure it out (what did the re-occuring mime troupe mean?) and to learn a little bit more about its history. I think Roger Ebert puts it best in his article. This may seem like lazy blogging, but I honestly after I read this article I was like "I can't write any more about Blow Up, this article says it all!" So, take it away Mr. Ebert...

COMING SOON: Finally, the review of the film talked about by my one beloved comment on this blog- the sassy Bette Davis in All About Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment